Quality Control 4.0 enhances traditional Quality Assurance and Quality Control with digital tools and methods, such as AR, VR, AI and ML. These tools drive work automation forward and pave the way to shift production efficiency to the next level. Quality processes are indispensable elements of the entire production ecosystem, an ecosystem that is changing under the influence of Industry 4.0.
Quality Control is an essential part of every production cycle, no matter of its industry. It is also a very important factor when it comes to your product or service. However, very often inspections are not automated. Today using traditional and manual methods, such as Excel, pen and paper, are not only outdated, but also time-consuming and less efficient. The question is: how can Quality Control be made more efficient and valuable for your business?
Today, a new generation of employees is joining teams on production lines. Digital solutions are a key part of their daily lives and they expect them to be equally present at work. To let them keep up their productivity, we need to provide them with a working environment where they can function most effectively, one based on technologies that they are used to.
Equally, manufacturing lines get more and more sophisticated, producing large volumes of various products at high speeds. This forces quality processes to react and adapt accordingly. Excel, pen & paper is not enough anymore.
Foregoing the traditional method of inputting data by hand in favour of the voice controlled and VR-supported approach, drastically shortens the time required to perform the check. The RealWear headset, combined with a system like Proceedix, is an effective replacement for the traditional pen and paper approach. The engineer completes a list of pre-prepared tasks as they appear on screen and the results are automatically sent to the company’s operational systems.
BENEFITS OF QUALITY CONTROL 4.0
- First, improve manufacturing KPIs, such as Overall Equipment Effectiveness, up to 30% by using wearable and mobile technologies.
- Second, achieve strategic objectives and sustainability goals by digitizing manual, paper-based tasks & activities.
- Last but not least, ensure continuity of operations in general. Remote presence through mobile devices enables distributed support and supervision at any point.
- The first: a digital toolset and omnipresent integration that will enable digital content creation and instant analytics.
- The second: knowledge & experience that can be built either internally or provided by external consultants to enable quick onboarding.
- And the last: a managerial approach which will promote an open, collaborative and inclusive working culture.
Over recent years, we’ve seen a significant increase of interest in Augmented Reality technology within the industrial sector. The market for AR technologies is expected to grow to 6,8 billion dollars by 2025.
By using technologies, you too can significantly improve the efficiency of quality control procedures in your company.
Watch the video and see how Quality Control can look in practice!