The best way for each employee, who is about to begin their journey on a manufacturing floor, laboratory, automotive, is a proper education. As theoretical knowledge of any subject is important, we cannot forget it’s a practical job manual. In the case of some jobs, these processes can be automated. A human impact when error occurs is essential and irreplaceable. In order to find the right balance, you need to take care and put the right emphasis on gaining practical experience. Then, how can Virtual Reality (VR) be a helpful asset in a manufacturing environment?
WHAT IS VIRTUAL REALITY?
As the name speaks for itself, Virtual Reality replaces an image of surrounding reality with a virtual outlook by using a dedicated, wearable tool. It’s an interactive, digital-based environment, which allows users to interact with virtual objects using electronic devices, such as special goggles with a screen or gloves fitted with sensors. The user is then able to have a realistic feeling of the environment. For instance, Audi has revolutionized their customers’ journey and came up with Audi VR Experience. It allows dealerships to offer customers a truly dynamic experience in a way that has seldom been seen in the past. Once implemented, customers will have access to each and every vehicle with every conceivable Audi option in a space that is true to real life – as opposed to on a computer screen or tablet.
HOW CAN VR TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT THE TECHNOLOGY?
Virtual Reality technology can be an excellent working tool for those, who:
- haven’t worked with a specific equipment yet;
- sell their products and solutions and need a sample to be delivered;
- want to improve their skills and be prepared when errors occur.
BENEFITS OF VIRTUAL REALITY APPLICATION
To sum up, by making VR a training solution, you can:
- discover an essential for given industry equipment without having one in the area from the place of your choice;
- increase your effectiveness, performance and skill set needed on a daily basis;
- improve your current knowledge and take it to the next level.